Unless you're living under a rock, you have probably boogied your way through Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon. Well meet one of the band members behind that can't-stop-humming-it-ditty, bass player Kevin Ray, and his gorgeous Bride. They celebrated their love with a music infused day captured by Anna Lee Media plus a film by FlickImage below. And yes, that song makes a little cameo. See even more right here!
A Few Fun Facts About the Wedding:
• The rehearsal dinner was at the Spoke and Steele restaurant located in the Le Meridian hotel in downtown Indianapolis - guests jammed to Hall & Oates and enjoyed carving stations and the restaurant's custom cocktails
• Harvey, our King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, was the "Ring Pup", he wore a custom tuxedo with tails
• They could not have done it without our friends - the makeup artist, videographer, photographer, DJ, monogram designer and program designer were all friends of the Bride and Groom
• The Florist, Meg Catherine and Bride collaborated on a unique gift for both the Mother of the bride and Mother of the Groom, which was a custom clutch from Esty designer VincentVdesigns with a floral corsage pinned on the front and a secret message inside
• Instead of flower petals, the Flower Girl (niece of the Groom) threw gold leaves – a perfect alternative for an October wedding
• Instead of unity sand or candle, the Bride and Groom ordered a custom wine box from Etsy (engraved with their monogram) and made it into a time capsule (Inside: their vows, a lucky penny, bottle of wine and a copy of their program)
• Before the ceremony, guests enjoyed string quartet arrangements of modern hits like Huey Lewis and the News, “That’s the Power of Love” and The Killers, “When You Were Young”
• Kevin and Megan wrote their own vows which were very emotional – not a dry eye in the ceremony
• The Best Man and friend of the Groom's sang Cyndi Lauper, "Time After Time" during the time capsule
• The Bride and Groom's first dance was to "I Had the Time of My Life", - Dirty Dancing choreography
• Bride and Father of the Bride danced to Heartland, "I Loved Her First"
• Groom and Mother of the Groom danced to Paul Simon, "Loves Me Like A Rock"
• Bride worn her late grandmother's costume jewelry (earrings and cocktail ring)
• Kevin’s grandmother’s wedding ring was pinned to his boutonniere (He proposed to Megan with that ring)
• Kevin and Megan love fall and Halloween, so as a wedding favor the bride and groom put together a candy bar with custom treat bags
• The Groom surprised the Bride at their After-Wedding Brunch with a surprise trip to Walt Disney World, the bride is a Disney fanatic and had never been to the Disney World before